Website Land O'Lakes
Join boundless thinkers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with powerful brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, Nutra Blend, WinField United, Vermont Creamery, KozyShack, and more.
You’ll join a global team committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the nutrition that animals need, to marketing the final product.
We’re hiring a Facilities Specialist. In this newly created role, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating facilities management initiatives for Land O’Lakes leased and owned properties to ensure compliance with company policies and guidelines. You will also provide operational administrative and analytical support while balancing multiple high-visibility priorities, time sensitive requests and projects. This position liaises with local site contacts and property owners, vendors, and maintenance technicians. Relationship management and the ability to communicate across the entire organization is also critical to success.
Consideration will be given to candidates who are outside of the MSP market
Your primary responsibilities include:
– Develop and implement best in class facilities management and building operations processes for Land O’Lakes sites.
– Source and manage service contracts appropriate to facility maintenance needs, including coordination of contract/bid specifications, bidding process, and contract administration.
– Manage contractors/contracts in a database by vendor, type of work, region, documented certificate of insurance and documented ISN certification.
– For leased properties, ensure the building maintenance requirements outlined in lease documents are being followed and with industry best practices and Audit Common Area Maintenance (CAM) reconciliations ensuring accuracy by landlord.
– Plan, budgets and schedules preventative, predictive and reactive maintenance work (at LOL sites) including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs ensuring work is being completed by ISN certified contractors where applicable.
– Oversee work by contractors and technicians ensuring quality work, timely completion and validating accurate invoicing for payment.
– In support of Risk Management, coordinate completion of risk reduction reports with the site managers. In addition, will be the primary contact for required property insurance updates, specifically the Statement of Values used to determine coverage limits
– In support of EH&S, administer emergency preparedness efforts and business continuity planning. This includes notification and evacuation procedures, emergency equipment maintenance and training along with developing business continuity planning reducing business disruption.
Education and Experience required:
– Bachelor’s degree required
– Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in corporate real estate and facilities management.
– Understanding of building systems, HVAC, electrical, structural, building envelope, security, janitorial, grounds maintenance, pest control.
– Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Word
– Highly proficient in facilities management software (i.e. Express Maintenance, Archibus)
– Ability to read and understand blueprints
– Effective at building relationships; strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Presents thoughts in a logical manner. Has the ability to articulate information to a broad audience
– Able to work independently and take ownership of work
– Ability to read, analyze, and understand lease contracts specific to maintenance & repairs language
– Highly organized with acute attention to detail.
Preferred Experience and Education:
– Designation in Certified Facility Manager (CFM) or Facility Management Administrator (FMA)
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.landolakesinc.com.