Website NTH, Inc.
This position will support NTH project managers. With experience, this position may lead to full service involvement by leading projects. Ideally after 1 year, the candidate should be able to manage some projects independently. Position will report directly to project management principal.
General tasks include:
· Provide design and construction related project management services for projects ranging from small tenant improvement projects to ground-up construction.
· Support real estate transactions through insights into building systems, project budgets, and schedules.
· Position requires on-site project meetings and construction observation.
Typical working hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday but there may be situations that require working outside of the normal schedule.
Typical Job Responsibilities
· Understand the benefits of project management services offered by NTH
· Research background information on client business, understand client project goals and implement project accordingly
· Support Real Estate – evaluate building conditions during client tours, interpret landlord work letter, track tenant improvement allowance, monitor project budget and schedule, evaluate “fit plans” and analyze, from a functional perspective, space plan options
· Create, modify and track project schedules
· Evaluate alternative project delivery strategies
· Schedule and document meetings with various user groups and consultants
· Demonstrate an understanding of building systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical, structural, etc.) and building standards and their implications on the design
· Prepare and monitor a comprehensive project budget, including furniture, technology, and other related costs
· Assist in the solicitation, evaluation and selection of design firms, engineers, contractors, furniture vendors, movers, technology consultants, card access, AV, cabling, etc.
· Pursue alternative products, technologies, etc., that might be appropriate (e.g., sustainable design)
· Monitor the progress of the architect and other design consultants
· Participate in the review of design and construction documents. Coordinate consultants responsible for reviewing and commenting on construction documents
· Review all requests for payment (including supporting documentation and lien waivers)
· Review and evaluate all requests submitted by design consultants for additional services
· Provide technical review/assistance as requested (e.g., products, vendors, etc.)
· Work with architect or design engineers to define the commissioning requirements that will be included in the drawings and specifications
· Participate in the relocation planning
· Participate in project, design and construction meetings, regular site visits, field reports, etc.
· Observe construction progress on a regular basis for consistency with plans and schedules
· Review and understand project construction costs. Work with client and related project partners to create a systematic approach for tracking construction costs
· Participate in all project related documentation (e.g., shop drawings, submittals, change orders, RFI’s, PR’s, etc.)
· Participate in punch list inspection
· Track the submission of record documents (e.g., “as-built” drawings, O&M manuals, training sessions, etc.), review for conformance, and distribute to client
· Participate in final accounting (e.g., releasing retainage, closing contracts, etc.)
· Assist NTH staff with prospect and client related research, preparation of presentations and proposals, and administrative work, such as answering phones, maintaining office supplies and scheduling meetings
· Manage files – create files for new or prospective clients, close out files for completed projects, route closed files to storage as needed
· Attend continuing education programs to expand skills and network
· Participate in professional organizations applicable to real estate, design and construction
· Participate in marketing and business development activities
· Seek knowledge regarding industry trends and market status both locally and nationally
Required Skills and Education
· Bachelor’s degree in architecture, construction management, engineering, interior design or related field
· 2 to 5 years’ experience in design, construction and/or project management
· Proficiency with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated experience in tracking a project from inception to completion
· Ability to review and comment on architectural, civil, structural, and mechanical/electrical project documents in both printed and electronic formats
· Highly organized and detail-oriented
· Ability to work independently and take initiative
· Ability to handle several projects at once and navigate changing priorities
· Team player, service oriented both with clients and other staff members
· Valid driver’s license and vehicle for attending client meetings, tours, and other events within the Twin Cities metro area
Salary and Benefits
This position is salaried, at a level commensurate with experience.
Benefits include PTO, a group health plan, 401(k) Plan, transportation allowance, and professional development opportunities.
NTH, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Please email resume, cover letter and references to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org