Website Minnesota Department of Human Services
Janitor / General Maintenance Worker
$15.08 – $21.03 /hourly; $31,491 – $43,917 /annually
Full-time position with great benefits!
Anoka Metro Regional Treatment Center (AMRTC) has an opportunity for you to join our team as a State of Minnesota employee. We seek applicants with a positive attitude and strong work ethic, who are ready to share our dedication to the people we serve.
AMRTC is an inpatient psychiatric hospital serving adults with mental illness in a large, campus-based setting. Located just 15 minutes north of the Twin Cities metro, this modern facility offers compassionate, person-centered care in a pleasant environment appreciated by patients and employees alike.
As a valued member of our team, the General Maintenance Worker is responsible for providing a clean and sanitary environment for the patients, staff and visitors. This is a full-time position working 6 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.; days off will vary, schedule includes weekends as assigned. Job duties include:
- Maintain building floors and hallways using machine or manual processes by sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, waxing and stripping wax, and vacuuming and scrubbing carpets.
- Clean windows, ceilings and walls by determining appropriate cleaning agents, mixing chemicals, and applying them.
- Clean and maintain rooms and furniture by dusting, moving, rearranging, setting up or taking down tables and chairs, and making minor repairs to furniture.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms by scrubbing floors, sinks, bathtubs, and toilets; maintaining supplies of soap and paper products; and emptying wastebaskets and trash containers.
- Clean assigned state-maintained sidewalks by shoveling snow, applying sand and/or deicers, and removing ice, rubbish and other materials.
- Assist in distribution of clean linen and pick up of soiled linen, stripping bed linens; itemize and count clean linen.
The State of Minnesota offers an excellent employee benefits package, including low-cost medical and dental insurance with affordable dependent coverage, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
To qualify, applicants must have:
- Different types of flooring/floor covering sufficient to determine proper methods of maintenance and appropriate cleaning methods, materials, agents and equipment.
- Chemical cleaning agents such as ammonia, bleaches, scouring agents and soaps sufficient to appropriately select the agent(s), handle and apply, and dispose of safely.
- Methods, tools, and equipment used in maintenance sufficient to operate and use them effectively and make minor repairs.
- Follow simple oral and written instructions, read and understand operational manuals, and keep simple records.
- Perform assigned tasks with limited work direction.
- Operate simple maintenance equipment.
- Stand, walk, climb ladders, bend, lift 50 pounds, carry, push, pull and handle items when performing duties.
Apply online by THURSDAY, MARCH 26th at
www.mn.gov/careers, search for job ID# 39782
HAVING TROUBLE WITH THE APPLICATION & WEBSITE?
Contact the helpdesk at 651-259-3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit http://www.mn.gov/mmb/careers/applicant-help.
To apply for this job please visit careers.mn.gov.