Website Metro Transit - a division of the Metropolitan Council
Metro Transit public transit services.
Metro Transit, a division of Metropolitan Council, is the largest provider of public transit service in the Minneapolis-St. Paul seven-county metropolitan area and one of the country’s largest public transit systems, providing 81 million bus and rail rides a year. Metro Transit operates bus, light rail and commuter rail service essential to the regions’ mobility, and provides resources for carpooling, vanpooling and bike commutes. Metro Transit helps people get where they’re going, helps to reduce the metro areas increasing motor vehicle congestion problem and promotes a cleaner environment.
At the Metropolitan Council, your work matters – your work makes the Twin Cities metro thrive! If you would like an opportunity to make a difference, please apply and find out more about the Metropolitan Council and their great benefits at the following site:
The Foreperson, Facility Systems Maintenance person is responsible to provide facility systems training and guidance to the Metro Transit Facilities Maintenance personnel. To ensure the equipment and systems are maintained, and installed, for safe, efficient and continuous operation of all Metro Transit facilities and stations. Related experience in maintaining Building Automation Systems (BAS) and network integration will be key to the success of this position. To serve as the essential link of communication between vendors, management, engineers, operations, and the workforce. This position will be required to travel between sites to train staff and oversee the facility systems maintenance.
• Associate degree in Building Maintenance Technology or related field.
• At least 5 years of Facility Maintenance experience of which at least 3 years includes related Facility Systems Maintenance experience, i.e., maintaining building automated systems and system network integration.
• Level 1 or 2 Building Operator Certification.
• Valid drivers’ license and a safe driving record.
Equivalency: High school diploma or GED AND at least 7 years of Facility Maintenance experience of which at least 3 years of work experience to include related Facility Systems Maintenance experience, i.e., maintaining building automated systems and system network integration. In addition, the following licenses are required: Level 1 or 2 Building Operator Certification and a valid drivers’ license with a safe driving record as defined by HR.
• State of Minnesota Power Limited License.
• State of Minnesota Chief Engineer’s Grade C Boiler Operator License.
• Previous technical leadership or supervisory experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other PC based software programs, especially those designed for energy efficient HVAC control.
• Experience in training and developing technicians in BAS or other maintenance systems.
• Stay current with market automations and facility upgrades.
• Experience with the operation of facility-related mechanical and HVAC systems and the various control strategies commonly used.
• Familiarity with programming and troubleshooting networked building controls system product lines such as Automated Logic, Metasys, Alerton, Niagara, Siemens, Honeywell, Trane, and/or other building controls system lines.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/metrocouncil →