Facility Services is seeking a Facilities Maintenance-Operations Engineers (FMOE) to operate and maintain building equipment. This will include district utilities, pumps, air handlers, exhaust fans, generators, underground storage tanks, building automation systems, and computerized maintenance management systems.
Location and hours:
This position is located at the Hennepin County Government Center, at 300 S 6th St, Minneapolis, MN 55487. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 7:30 A.M – 4:00 P.M.
About the position type:
This position is full time.
In this position, you will:
- Operate, repair, maintain and diagnose building systems and equipment such as; district utilities, heat pumps, heat exchangers, water heaters, HVAC control systems, Building Automation Systems (BAS), Variable Air Volume (VAV) systems including chillers, package and split A/C units, compressors, pneumatics, direct digital controls, emergency generators, circulating pumps, fan units, and others.
- Perform and develop preventative maintenance programs, procedures and repair of grounds equipment.
- Respond and coordinate repairs to building systems and equipment.
- Read construction documents and specifications, shop drawings, operation and maintenance manuals.
- Respond to building emergencies and after hour calls for repair.
- Maintain and prepare reports and logs (e.g. preventative maintenance reports, work order reports, boiler operations logs, and fuel).
- Interact positively with the public and user groups on a daily basis.
Need to have:
One of the following:
- Three years or more of one or a combination of the following: •Skilled mechanical and facilities maintenance experience that includes: heating ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical and boiler, operation, maintenance and repair work.
- Vocational-technical program course work in air conditioning/refrigeration/heating, electrical maintenance and boiler control, operation and maintenance.
- One year of the required experience and completion of the Project for Pride in Living (PPL)/Minneapolis Community and Technical College (MCTC)/Hennepin County Building Operations Technician (BOT) training program.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Some positions may require a First Class C boiler’s License.
- Ability to:
- Be on call and/or respond to after hour calls, including weekends, and holidays.
- Lift and carry up to 100 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Climb and stand on ladders for prolonged periods of time to perform maintenance on building systems or equipment, with or without reasonable accommodation
Nice to have:
- Two or more years of experience with district utilities.
- In troubleshooting and repairing a wide range of equipment and building systems.
- With data Center mechanical systems.
- With pool/fountain maintenance.
- Skill in operating BAS, fire protection systems, VAV, and DDC systems.
- Basic understanding of water treatment for HVAC systems.
About the department:
Facilities Management comprehensively manages, operates, and maintains Hennepin County Properties in support of the county’s overall mission. Three main teams make up this group: Planning & Project Management, Security, and Workplace Safety.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals — that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees .
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.