Website DAKOTA COUNTY
Come join us at Dakota County and "Be More".
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – Postings #14290.18.001
DEPARTMENT: Capital Projects Management
PREFERRED HIRING RANGE: $66,134 – 74,400
FULL SALARY RANGE: $66,134 – 103,334 (109 Grade Level)
LOCATION: Hastings, ADC
CLOSE DATE: Posting will close at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, June 8, 2018.
Dakota County offers rewarding career opportunities that make a real difference in people’s lives. From maintaining roads to maintaining property records, protecting the environment to protecting our children’s health, finding homes for those in need to finding justice for crime victims — the work we do touches the lives of each of our residents every day. We’re proud of what we do. You can be too. Join our team of nearly 1,800 and launch a career where you can truly “Be More.”
We offer more than just careers that make a difference; we also offer competitive benefits, work life balance, and convenient work locations. Will you be the next person to join us at Dakota County?
A Senior Project Manager leads and manages the successful delivery of large design and construction projects from $2 to $40 million through the entire project lifecycle. The duties of this position require extensive experience in balancing customer and design consultant needs, scope, time, cost, risk and quality while maintaining a positive project environment, promoting a high level of performance and effectively managing the customer and County Board expectations. The Senior Project Manager candidate should have an expert understanding of all project management approaches to managing multiple complex, multi-phased projects and the flexibility to lead multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic teams to deliver effective project solutions. The position is responsible for managing and delivering all aspects of multiple large construction projects to County performance standards.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Construction Management, or a closely related field AND Five years of experience in leading Building Design & Construction, Space Planning, and/or Parks Projects.
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Construction Management, or a closely related field AND Three years of experience in leading Building Design & Construction, Space Planning, and/or Parks Projects.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience to total a minimum of 10 years.
• Valid Driver’s License
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE BEYOND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Business, or Finance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Act as authorized County representative for planning, design and construction management activities for assigned Parks and Building projects up to $40 million.
2. Coordinate and manage activities of staff, volunteers, consultants, contractors, and institutional crews relating to projects.
3. Have track record in motivating project team to maintain project schedule and budget.
4. Work independently and in partnership with design and construction professionals.
5. Ensure customer satisfaction at all levels.
6. Work with local code enforcement officials and County legal staff.
7. Lead project design and construction meetings effectively.
8. Conduct neighborhood meetings. Respond to public requests for information or assistance.
9. Develop and/or review Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs); project drawings and specifications; and contractor bids.
10. Review completed bid documents prepared by professional consultants for compliance with County design and construction standards and customer needs.
11. Provide support in sustainable planning for assigned projects.
12. Contract administration including bids, contracts, change orders, site observation, pay requests, punch lists, and final payments.
11. Coordinate all internal and external stakeholders to a productive outcome.
12. Prepare project related internal and external tracking and cost reports, bid notices, project presentations, requests for Board action, updates and communications w/press.
13. Estimate, prepare and justify project budget requests.
14. Lead value engineering and cost control initiatives for assigned projects.
15. Assist in preparing grant requests and manage grant funds.
16. Research, develop and implement innovative methods to improve project performance and delivery.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: 1 through 16
Visit our website for a complete job description and to apply on-line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org