Website DAKOTA COUNTY
Come join us at Dakota County and "Be More".
DEPARTMENT: Capital Projects Management
LOCATION: Administration Center, Hastings
CLOSE DATE: 4:30 pm on Friday, May 10, 2019
HIRING RANGE: The position level at which the offer is extended is based on the candidate’s ability to meet the minimum qualifications and relevant years of experience. The full salary ranges are listed on the job descriptions, see link below.
Dakota County offers rewarding career opportunities that make a real difference in people’s lives. From maintaining roads to maintaining property records, protecting the environment to protecting our children’s health, finding homes for those in need to finding justice for crime victims — the work we do touches the lives of each of our residents every day. We’re proud of what we do. You can be too. Join our team of nearly 1,800 and launch a career where you can truly “Be More.”
We offer more than just careers that make a difference; we also offer competitive benefits, work life balance, and convenient work locations. Will you be the next person to join us at Dakota County?
The Project Manager leads and manages construction projects up to $2 million through the entire project lifecycle. The position is responsible for providing highly skilled project management for all aspects of assigned construction projects to County standards. These projects include interior and exterior construction throughout the County’s buildings, parks, trails and greenways portfolio.
The Senior Project Manager leads and manages construction projects up to $20 million through the entire project lifecycle. The position is responsible for providing highly skilled project management for all aspects of assigned construction projects to County standards. These projects include interior and exterior construction throughout the County’s buildings, parks, trails and greenways portfolio. This position includes presentations and other interactions with the County Board.
Both positions require extensive experience in balancing project needs, scope, time, cost, risk, and quality while maintaining a positive project environment to lead and manage diverse customer and stakeholder expectations. The project manager also provides technical assistance for the planning, design and construction in County buildings, parks, trails and greenways. Projects vary in size and may include significant space planning, architectural, and landscape architectural components. Other responsibilities include giving work direction, assist in project planning, budget preparation, work plan development, and project monitoring.
The minimum qualifications listed below are written at the Project Manager level. You must meet these minimum requirements in order to continue in the recruitment and selection process.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Design, Construction Management or closely related field.
AND One year of design and construction project management experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience in design and construction project management to total 5 years.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Experience coordinating and/or leading building construction projects.
• Experience coordinating and/or leading parks & greenway construction projects.
• Experience with environmental regulations
• Experience with the public engagement process
Minimum qualifications and duties vary based on position level; the full descriptions and salary ranges for each position are listed under the links below. Responses to the supplemental questions and a complete application will assist the department in accurately rating, selecting, and hiring candidates. It will be at the discretion of the Project Management Supervisor at which level the position is filled.
Click here to view the Project Manager position description.
Click here to view the Senior Project Manager position description.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities listed below are for the Project Manager position. These do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. To see the Senior Project Manager duties and responsibilities view the position description linked above.
1. Coordinate and manage activities of staff, volunteers, consultants, contractors, and institutional crews relating to projects.
2. Act as county representative for assigned projects.
3. Lead project design and construction process including meetings, document reviews, etc.
4. Estimate, prepare, and justify project budget requests.
5. Work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
6. Provide support in sustainable planning for assigned projects.
7. Prepare and direct the preparation of complete bid documents and cost estimates for design and construction projects.
8. Ensure compliance and adherence to codes, statutes, County policy, and sustainable design standards.
9. Administer contract processes including: requests for proposal, quotes, bids; contracts and change orders; site observation; pay requests and applications; punch lists and final payments.
10. Coordinate projects with affected stakeholders and external agencies.
11. Conduct neighborhood and design team meetings. Respond to public requests for information or assistance.
12. Motivate and guide project team to maintain project schedule and budget for given scope.
13. Assist in preparing grant requests and managing grant funds.
14. Ensure customer satisfaction at all stakeholder levels.
15. Prepare project related internal and external tracking, schedule and reports, notices, requests for Board action, and project updates.
16. Responsible for other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: All duties are essential functions.
VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO VIEW A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND TO APPLY ON-LINE: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dakota/
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.