Website DAKOTA COUNTY
Come join us at Dakota County and "Be More".
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management
PREFERRED HIRING RANGE: $47,073 – 58,841/year
FULL SALARY RANGE: $47,073 – 73,551/year
CLOSE DATE: 4:30 on Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Dakota County offers rewarding career opportunities that make a real difference in people’s lives. From maintaining roads to maintaining property records, protecting the environment to protecting our children’s health, finding homes for those in need to finding justice for crime victims — the work we do touches the lives of each of our residents every day. We’re proud of what we do. You can be too. Join our team of nearly 1,800 and launch a career where you can truly “Be More.”
We offer more than just careers that make a difference; we also offer competitive benefits, work life balance, and convenient work locations. Will you be the next person to join us at Dakota County?
Dakota County Facilities Management is seeking a motivated and experienced Building Maintenance Engineer III to operate, maintain, inspect and repair heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, mechanical, electrical and structural systems of County facilities. Individuals in this position will also troubleshoot a wide variety of building system problems; then developing and implementing short–term and long-term solutions. Provide lead work direction to subordinates and vendors.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) AND Four years of direct work experience in the field of facilities maintenance.
• Associate’s Degree in Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Plumbing, Boiler Maintenance, Energy Management or a related field AND Two years of direct work experience in the field of facilities maintenance.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience in the field of facilities maintenance to total 4 years.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Minnesota 2nd Class “C” Boilers License
Preferred licensure/experience beyond minimum qualifications:
• Minnesota 1st Class “C” Boilers License
• CFC Refrigerant reclamation certificate
• Education in Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Plumbing, Boiler Maintenance, Electrical/Low Voltage, or Energy Management.
Pursuant to Dakota County Policy and Procedures Manual Section 3102 (L), this position is designated as Safety Sensitive.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
These examples do not include all possible tasks in this work and do not limit the assignment of related tasks in any position of this classification. Regular attendance according to the position’s management approved work schedule is required for all positions.
1. Maintain building systems in good operating condition. Perform tests, analyze results and document adjustments made to building systems.
2. Adjust and repair HVAC, plumbing, mechanical and electrical equipment and controls.
3. Perform preventive maintenance inspections and complete tasks on systems and equipment.
4. Evaluate system malfunctions and breakdowns. Develop repair plans and schedule; develop cost estimates as needed.
5. Perform snow and ice removal, provide for safe building environments.
6. Provide lead work direction to subordinates and contractors. Trains and instructs subordinates in equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
7. Assist in the development and implementation of energy conservation measures.
8. Operate computerized energy management systems.
9. Document work completed for entry in computerized work order management system.
10. Update “As-built” drawings and operating manuals/procedures; showing modifications to existing systems.
11. Respond to emergencies and serve on-call during nights and weekends as assigned.
Visit our website to view the full job description and to apply on-line: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dakota/
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.