Website DAKOTA COUNTY
Come join us at Dakota County and "Be More".
BUILDING MAINTENANCE ENGINEER II – Job # 80120.18.001
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management
PREFERRED HIRING RANGE: $37,526 – 42,217/year (104 grade)
SALARY RANGE: $37,526 – 58,634 /year
LOCATION: Various Building Locations throughout Dakota County
CLOSE DATE: 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Dakota County offers rewarding career opportunities that make a real difference in people’s lives. From maintaining roads to maintaining property records, protecting the environment to protecting our children’s health, finding homes for those in need to finding justice for crime victims — the work we do touches the lives of each of our residents every day. We’re proud of what we do. You can be too. Join our team of nearly 1,800 and launch a career where you can truly “Be More.”
We offer more than just careers that make a difference; we also offer competitive benefits, work life balance, and convenient work locations. Will you be the next person to join us at Dakota County?
Operate, maintain, inspect and repair the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, mechanical, electrical, structural, security, fire and life safety systems of County facilities. Troubleshoot a variety of building system problems; developing and implementing short-term solutions. Assist with the development of long-term solutions. Provides work direction to vendors. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) AND Three years of direct work experience in the field of facilities maintenance.
• Associate’s Degree in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, Boiler Maintenance, Energy Management, buildings systems or a related field AND One year of direct work experience in the field of facilities maintenance.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience in the facilities management field to total 3 years.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Minnesota Special Boiler’s License
Preferred licensure/experience beyond minimum qualifications:
• Minnesota 2nd Class “C” Boiler’s License must be obtained within one year of starting employment.
• Typing and computer skills to complete basic tasks such as: create & send emails, open & modify work or excel documents, and perform internet searches. Intermediate knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word and the internet is desired.
• CFC Refrigerant reclamation certificate
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain building systems in good operating condition. Perform tests, analyze results and document adjustments made to building systems.
2. Adjust and repair HVAC, plumbing, mechanical and electrical equipment and controls.
3. Operate computerized energy management systems.
4. Document work completed into a computerized work order management system.
5. Perform preventive maintenance inspections and complete tasks on systems and equipment.
6. Evaluate system malfunctions and breakdowns; develop repair plans and schedule; develop cost estimates as needed.
7. Update “As-built” drawings and operating manuals/procedures; showing modifications to existing systems.
8. Coordinate and assist in office moves and modifications; including adjustment of workstations, moving furniture, files, records, supplies and equipment as required.
9. Train and instruct other staff in basic equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
10. Perform snow and ice removal, provide for a safe building environment.
11. Respond to emergency calls after scheduled work hours, on weekends and holidays for assigned seven-day periods. Compensation will be in accordance with the County merit compensation policy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Duties 1-7 and 10-11 are essential functions.
Visit our jobs website to view the complete job description and to apply online.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com