Website City of Shoreview, Minnesota
BUILDING OPERATIONS MANAGER
The City of Shoreview is now hiring a Building Operations Manager for the Shoreview Community Center and City Hall. This position is integral to the successful operation of our 140,000 square foot Community Center/City Hall complex which houses two indoor waterparks, fitness center, gymnasium, indoor playground, fitness studios, banquet/meeting rooms and more. Primary responsibilities include managing the facility maintenance operations, keeping the facility clean and in good working order, and assuring a positive guest experience.
· Plan, direct, and coordinate all activities pertaining to the maintenance, repair, remodeling, renovation and operations of the facility and component systems including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, lighting, pool, fire safety systems, elevators, interior treatments, building envelope, etc. to ensure continuity of operations.
· Coordinate vendors/suppliers and contracted services and projects.
· Maintain an accurate list of facility assets and keep facility and equipment in effective working order.
· Prepare specifications and bid documents for facility improvement projects; compare bids/proposals for projects and make recommendations. Maintain required records.
· Develop capital improvement plans and reviewing short/long-term needs for staffing and equipment.
· Prepare bi-annual budget; monitor expenditures and make adjustments as needed.
· Develop and implement appropriate preventative maintenance plans and contracts.
· Maintain energy management systems (Alerton) and implement conservation efforts.
· Hire/schedule staff; directly supervise Building Mtce Tech, Lead Custodian, and one custodian; oversee custodial operations. Meet regularly to mentor staff and determine training, safety and operational needs.
· Work successfully with a variety of staff, guests, vendors and contractors. Respond to staff requests for repair and service.
· Work with regulatory authorities such as the MN Department of Health, Department of Homeland Security, Fire Marshall, elevator company for proper safety inspections.
· Work in a safe manner according to proper methods, procedures and OSHA requirements including SDS sheets; assure staff are working in a safe manner.
· Write reports, maintain inspection records, work logs and other records.
· Other duties and special projects as assigned.
This list is not intended to include all essential job functions, but is representative of the typical job duties.
Note: This position requires regular and reliable attendance, the ability to concentrate and manage multiple priorities with frequent interruptions, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong customer service skills, and the ability to work well with others. This is a hands-on supervisory/management position that includes performing minor mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and carpentry tasks as needed to keep our facility operating effectively.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 4 years experience in general facility operations management
· 1 year experience with pool operations, filtration systems, and maintenance
· 1 year supervisory experience
· Special Engineer, Class 2 or Class 1 Boilers License within 1 year of hire
· Ability to occasionally lift and/or move 50 lbs.
· Valid driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle report
· Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Facility operations management experience in a community center or multi-purpose facility
· Computer software experience, including Alerton (energy management )
· Additional pool maintenance experience
· CPO (Certified Pool Operator) and/or AFO (Aquatic Facility Operator)
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. This position does not receive overtime pay and is subject to callback as needed.
Hiring Salary Range: $75,525 – $79,331 annually, plus excellent benefits. This position is not eligible for overtime pay. (2020 salary range: $75,525 -$91,853)
To Apply: Go to our website at shoreviewmn.gov/jobs Deadline: 12 noon on Monday, July 13, 2020.
The City of Shoreview is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a culturally
diverse workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.shoreviewmn.gov.