2017 Awards Nomination Process
IFMA Minneapolis/St. Paul Chapter’s Awards of Excellence recognize the outstanding achievements of individual members and organizations. Each year, awards are presented honoring those who have made exceptional contributions to the advancement of the FM profession and IFMA.
Only current IFMA members as of December 6, 2017 may be nominated. Members are encouraged to nominate themselves and non-members are encouraged to become members by December 6th.
We appreciate your participation in this awards program and your effort to complete the nomination package thoroughly and thoughtfully. Please review the following information to ensure all requirements for the nominations are met. Complete submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, November 16, 2017. Nominators and entrants will be notified by Monday, November 20, 2017 regarding qualification.
- Nominee Information
- Nomination Form – Project categories
- Nomination Form – People categories
- Nomination Release Form
- Award Exhibits
Submit nominations by 11:59 p.m. November 16, 2017
Substantial completion for project must be between 01/01/2017 and 12/31/2017.
Nominators and entrants will be notified by November 20, 2017 regarding qualification.
Awards Celebration – directly following the December 6, 2017 Chapter meeting
ENTRY PROCESS ▼
- Step 1: Review nomination details
- Step 2: Download the Nominee Information and Nomination Form for the relevant category to fill out and complete (people or project)
- Step 3: Download, sign and date the Release Form
- Step 4: Submit Nominee Information, Nomination Form, Award Exhibits and Release Form by email to Jen Klein (email@example.com)
Project / Process / Technology
- Green Initiative
- Adaptive Re-Use
- Technology In-Use
- Renovations and Retrofits
- Exception New Building
- Exemplary Service Provider
- Lifetime Achievement
- Facility Practitioner of the Year
A project may not be nominated for more than one category.
All questions must be answered for each nomination to qualify for the Awards of Excellence.
Specific metrics, statistics and quotes supporting the project/person are strongly encouraged
Nominations must be submitted via email to Jen Klein (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have questions or concerns throughout the nomination process, please email Mary Pat Nielson (email@example.com) or by phone at (952) 564-3042.
Completed entries must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. November 16, 2017, including a complete release form for each project, and all required supporting documentation and images.
IFMA Release Form:
Complete this form and be sure to email it with your nomination.
JUDGING CRITERIA ▼
- Each entry is judged for the success with which the project has met its individual requirements and exhibits excellence in Facility Management. Entries are weighted individually, not in competition with each other. Nominations are scored on content only, not creative presentation of the submission
- It is necessary to explain to the jury the characteristics that distinguish your entry. All projects will be evaluated on the information contained in the completed submission package. Data analytics, statistics, facts and quotes are highly encouraged.
- Do not use your name, the name of the firm, project name, or client in this statement. You may refer to them as Nominee, Project, etc. The identity of each project/person will remain concealed throughout the deliberations of the jury. If the project/person is revealed on any of the JPGs, PDFs, prints or narrative, the jury may choose to disqualify the entry.
Nomination Statement – Project / Process / Technology
Please make sure your Nomination Form answers in any order the following question for the Project / Process / Technology Categories:
- Why was this project nominated?
- How did this project positively impact the organization and/or environment?
(i.e.; carbon footprint, financials, morale, portfolio size, etc.) (0-20 points)
- What were some specific benefits to the occupants? (0-10 points)
- How did this project meet or exceed expectations?
(list some initial project standards or requirements and the outcomes) (0-10 points)
- List the applicable IFMA Core Competencies and how they were met. (0-20 points) http://cdn.ifma.org/sfcdn/knowledge-base/ifmas-11-core-competencies.pdf?sfvrsn=0
Nomination Statement – People
Please make sure your Nomination Statement answers in any order the following questions for the People Categories:
- Why was this person nominated?
- Involvement in IFMA (0-10 points)
- Involvement in their Community (0-10 points)
- How did the person’s/company’s contributions and leadership impact the FM industry? (0-20 points)
- Applicable IFMA Core Competencies and how they were met (0-20 points) http://cdn.ifma.org/sfcdn/knowledge-base/ifmas-11-core-competencies.pdf?sfvrsn=0
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS ▼
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. November 16, 2017.
- All questions for a specific category must be answered
- A prior award recipient may not be nominated in the same category as the following year.
- Nominated projects shall have taken place, shown key results or had substantial completion between 01/01/2017 and 12/31/2017.
- All entries and materials become the property of IFMA Minneapolis/St. Paul Chapter and may be used for publication. Entrant certifies that permission has been obtained from the owner(s) and the photographer(s) to publish the project and photographs.
- IFMA Minneapolis/St. Paul Chapter is not responsible for any loss or damage incurred during the entry process.
- If any qualifications or requirements are not met, or entry rules are not followed, the submission is subject to disqualification at IFMA Minneapolis/St. Paul Chapter’s discretion.
- IFMA Minneapolis/St. Paul Chapter reserves the right to re-classify a project into a different category, if deemed necessary.
- IFMA Minneapolis/St. Paul Chapter reserves the right not to award a winner in any category.
SUBMISSION MATERIALS ▼
The following items must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. November 16, 2017 via email to Jen Klein (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1) Nominee Information
- Nominee Name, Phone number, Email address, and Mailing Address
- Nominator Name, Phone Number, Email Address, Mailing Address
- Project Information
2) Nomination Form
- Provide a double-spaced Nomination Form answering the 5 questions required for that category.
- Do not use your name, the name of the firm, project name, or client in this statement. You may refer to them as Nominee, Project, etc.
- Provide the completion date of the project (if applicable) in your statement.
- Email your Nomination Form in Microsoft Word format.
3) JPG/PDF Images
- JPG or PDF images (up to 11 images) may be uploaded in one document.
- JPG or PDF images should be letter-size (8.5 x 11 inches).
- The project/nominee name must not be identified anywhere in the JPG or PDF file.
- We do encourage descriptions of the image(s) to assist the judges
- We recommend the file is no larger than 10 mg due to email size limitations.